Sunday, June 3, 2012

Party!

Well it was someone's birthday in the program so we went out! This is the first time that I have ever gone to a gay bar! It seems that other girls have caught onto this before I have, because gay bars are really safe places to go to. There are no guys trying to hit on you, they just want to dance and have fun. And I did have fun, dancing with the girls from my program. We danced in sort of a protective circle for most of the time. The building had a bunch of different rooms, playing different kinds of music:

Room 1: played old fashioned German songs (such as "Heidi")
Room 2: played pop songs by artists such as Madonna and Queen
Room 3: played classic songs from the 70's such as "Mama Mia", "In the Navy", "Sunny", and a bunch of other songs that I really enjoyed.

For those of you who don't know me super well --> I can't dance. But I sure did yesterday! I also never really stay out that late, but I didn't even make it home until 3:30 in the morning. I can't believe I am 28 and I have never done these things before. There was only one sketchy part of the night, and that was when we were leaving and I had to go pee. They had a unisex bathroom. The people in the stall next to me were having sex, and when I finished washing my hands a dude invited me into his stall, presumably to have sex. I said "nein danke", and then ran out of the building to meet my friends outside. What a strange experience. It really made me laugh though. I might go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment