Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pictures I promised/Augustiner Bier Haus

I was feeling antsy last Wednesday (May 31st) so I went and bugged poor Erika to go out with me. We went to the Berlin centre area, had a walk around, and were debating beer vs. frozen yogurt, and decided on beer. We went to the Augustiner Beer House that I had gone to with Kelly a few weeks ago, but this time actually ordered food with our beer.

We saw the "secret bird bath":


And a statue casually wearing a towel as a scarf. It's a good look for him:


We walked by the book burning memorial, and it was less bright out so you can sort of see the empty shelves now.

Erika ordered some weird food spread with onions and radishes, which means I wouldn't even test it. Radishes bite my tongue.

Gross.

Instead I ordered a dark beer, and a potatoe soup. But apparently I said "salad" instead of "soup", and when I got the salad I was sad. I then told the waiter that I wanted the soup! So he just took the salad away, and gave me my tasty soup! I didn't get charged for that, yay.

As for the trinket things I got in Hackeschermarkt, here are some of them:

A trabi cutting board:

A wooden mushroom (yay), which is hollow inside and filled with tiddly-winks. If only I knew how to play that game!

A mushroom christmas ornament just slightly larger than the one I got last time :)

Oh, when you go buy fruit and veggies (as I said before) you have to get everything weighed first before you pay for it! They don't even do grapefruits by quantity, but by weight. Weird, eh? I didn't think they did that with grapefruits, so I just took it to the till, and then the cashier got mad at me, and so I said I didn't want it anymore. Then she yelled at a guy, made him run and weigh it outside, and then he came back.

Here's that East German book I was talking about.

And yes, I've started some nursing review and this book is amazing. It contains everything I needed to know for my physiology classes, while skipping all the stuff I didn't need to know. It goes over all the systems (venous and arterial circulatory, lymphatic, respiratory, reproductive, etc.), along with descriptions, images, and lables of all the bones and muscles. It even goes into the microbiology of things like the neurological system, cell systems, etc. It also goes over main illnesses, and defects within these systems. But it really is concise! The book isn't very big at all. I looooooooove it!

A DDR pin, although I don't know what I will do with the thing. I just wanted something actually from East Germany.

A trabi magnet, and a bottle opener with the logo of my university on it:

No comments:

Post a Comment