Saturday, July 21, 2012

Last Day in Berlin and at the FU University

Ah so I forgot to post up pictures from my last day at the Free University of Berlin, and my last day in Berlin.

Here was my last breakfast! The Kaseküchen (German cheese cake) cost 1.30, the yoghurt was 0.50, and the coffee was 1.80 Euros. Super tastey, and I couldn't finish the cheese cake! It was the size of a brick (and weighed the same too). I'll miss it.


Before my last class with Prof. Gaby Pailer, someone pulled the fire alarm. My other professor Herr Schlechweg-Jahn (from Wednesdays) was waiting outside as well. The fire alarm was NOT like the ones we have at home. The loudness physically HURTS you, so you really have to go outside.

Of all the things I will miss at the University (such as internet, those painful white chairs, the lack of wall outlets, and weird sauces), I will probably miss the infamous cheese plate most of all. It cost 1.50 euros, and had a way with my heart.


Here is a photo of our Mensa! (cafeteria) 


Here is where Gaby and Andrea's classroom was on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Tacheles! The place where artists squat is called Tacheles and it is an abandoned building, where they sell art and live. It is popular with tourists and artists, but very unpopular with the government who is constantly trying to shut it down (without the tourists noticing). I guess their motivation is that the land is worth 30 million Euros since it is in the city's center (and a popular place to go... but that might be related to the art scene).

 The inside has graffiti everywhere, but art shows too.

The ceiling in the stairwell was even got to:


After going to see Tacheles for the first time, I went with some friends across the street to a bar that was in the basement of an old cellar. It was a class joint, and here is a photo that Erika took of me :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment