Saturday, July 21, 2012

Strasbourg is in France

Even though I have only been to this one town (Strasbourg) here in France, it is everything that I thought it would be.

Chocolate shops:
 Cute streets. Thank goodness the cobblestones are to a minimum. My feet are finally healing.
 The Notre Dame Cathedral of Strasbourg. It's really tall.
 Use the size of the people for reference:
 A dress I would love to have...
 Cafe's and crepes:

More of the Cathedral. Last night was really cool, because they made a lightshow of the Cathedral. They lit up parts of the inside, and outside, to music for 15 minutes at 10:30pm. There was a giant crowd around, and naturally I forgot my camera.
 The most noticeable thing would probably be the stripped shirts, the pigeons, and the smoking, but I won't be picky. I expected that. I didn't expect to get pooped on immediately from walking off the train though... Ce la vie! Rumour has it that getting pooped on is good luck.
 Inside the Cathedral. Last night ( June 20th) I went to an organ concert here, and it was amazing how this building filled up with so much sound. There was always one guy coughing at the end of each song. At the end of the concert I went outside with my friends, and we happened to run into the organist!
 Some stained glass. I can't believe this photo worked, because it was so dark inside.
 Candles:
 A really big clock was inside too, that started a giant glockenspiel.
 This was the glockenspiel: Little dudes would come out of the inside and run around. It was very cute.

It was raining a little in front of the art gallery I went to. It was just behind the Cathedral. It's really easy to orient myself around this town because the old centre is on a tiny island just across the bridge from where I am staying. The hostel is really cool too: fast internet, good meals, comfy beds.


Inside the gallery there were a lot of famous paintings:

 Jesus:
 Venus:

 The head of John the Baptist:
 Samson and Delila (I always remember Uwe telling me this story)

 Hermes?
 Jesus:
 I liked the look of this angel, he looked very sarcastic:


 This guy had the best job:


 This dude just looked super cool.
 I'd live there:

No comments:

Post a Comment