Friday, May 4, 2012

Bürgeramt + Berliner Zoo

Wow so I accomplished 2 things today!

1) Bürgeramt (not to be confused with the Burger ATM)

The Bürgeramt is a place where they process stuff like the registering of foreigners in the city, and other stuff? I dunno. I went there to get registered as a person living here (since I have to).

It was a disaster. I went in there at 7:15 am expecting order. Is there order? NO! The machine that gives out numbered tickets broke and didn't issue them until 8:00 am. Then we got numbers (I was like 19). They started calling numbers 1 - 17 over the period of 2 hours. Then all of a sudden the numbers jump to 37. What the hell??!?! I got all upset, and at 10:30 this lovely woman (who only spoke German) helped me, since she pitied my stress-face, and she saw the machine go all fritzy. After that me, Fiona, and Mojdeh were out of there in 15 minutes. So during my 3.5 hours I learned that 1) their technology isn't that great, and 2) they aren't that organized. Lol, what an experience.

This is the WURST!


The neat part was how impatient I was, how overly patient Mojdeh was, and how Fiona fell in-between as a mediator. I was frustrated at the time, but now it seems funny.

2) Berliner Zoo

YAYYYYY PICTURES!

Entrance to the zoo:

Erika:

Fiona:

Baby hippo:


Momma hippo:

Sun Bear: (How rude! He's masturbating!)

Geez... no one would have believed me if I didn't take a picture:

Cute Bird:

Feathers from a vulture:

What differences to you see between these two flamingos?

Flamingo from Africa: 

Flamingo from South America:

Pony!

Donkey (a personal favourite):

And of course, always the highlight of any petting zoo... THE BABY GOATS!!!

Sleeping Monkeys:

More:

He seems so wide-eyed, eh?

I thought the baby monkey looked like Prince Charles. Check out the hair and the ears.

Baby Zebra:



Penguin from... Africa I think:

Hyena's!!!! They were running around and made a little track as they trotted over the same area. So cute.

Look at those ears!

Fuzzy creatures?

Look at that nose! It reminds me of mine.

This "Canadian Bear" was deep in thought. I imagine he is thinking "I thought life was supposed to be more fulfilling..."... A dark thought of mine, but I felt bad for him.

The Sun Bear:

"Durrrr"

"It's HOT"

"Food?"

This guy was cool.

Award for best butt shot goes to...: THIS GUY

Posing for the camera: Asian Elephant



These always remind me of Sarah Gibson's mom:

How many hearts can you find? I found 3.


Look at his leg!

Is that a puncture?



3 comments:

  1. Whoa, hippos are weird. I love your shots of the bird feathers and the monkeys grooming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your daily adventures via blog posts and pics!

    The baby hippo is funny-looking with its legs tucked up underneath it ... almost as if a hippo head has been stuck on a turtle's body.

    About the Wurst, have you tried Currywurst yet? I heard about it several times in German TV programs as a popular snack, but have never tasted it myself. Let us know what it's like if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I demand more pictures of food, and less of masturbating bears. Ok,maybe a bit more of the second option as well.

    ReplyDelete