Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 2 @ Le Crobag at the Uni

Notes on food:

1) There is a croissant place in many underground stations called "Le Crobag". Classy, lol.
2) I just ate a piece of cake at the uni, and my reaction was: "holy shit that's good". I will now be eating it every day I am at the uni.
3) You can get a gelato cone for 1 euro
4) You can get a cheese plate of 4 different triangle chunks of cheese, with buns and fruit all for 1.50 Euros.

News update:
For those of you wanting to text me, I finally received my SIM card, but it turns out my phone is locked... That was confusing since Wind Mobile told me I could buy a sim card anywhere when I am in Europe and it would work (implying that it was not locked)... This was after a conversation I had asking if they worked where I was going, to which the answer was, "no." Does anyone know how to unlock an Alcatel One Touch 908s?

I am finally registered as a student, and hopefully into my classes soon. I also got my transit pass! Free trips in every circle of Berlin, wooooo!

I also have a lot of homework. Lots of reading, and one of the texts is in an old German dialect. All the u's are replaced with v's, and all the i's with y's, and it gets confusing until you read it out loud. It should be fun.

The other book I have to read is called Faustus, and you can get the English story here: http://lettersfromthedustbowl.com/faustusE.html   Basically, it is about a guy who was very clever and rich, and gets bored with his lifestyle so he decides to learn evil magic n' stuff. He ends up summoning a servant of the devil, and makes a deal to sell his sole for more magic so he can have access to pleasure and knowledge.

It sounds weirddddd, but it was from a time when the church had a heavy influence over others (especially since most people couldn't even read). Some places seem to think that he was based on a real person who argued against with Martin Luther. It was made about 40 years after Martin Luther had died. I still have a lot to figure out about the history and time period this came out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment