Wednesday, May 2, 2012

1) Mini Coopers here seem pretty big (also, I saw a mini cooper remake of A TRABBANT!!!)
2) I've seen some pretty weird clothing combinations...
3) German's love making each other do paperwork
4) Asking for decaf coffee is confusing (they say "coffee without coffee" essentially)

I've had an interesting couple of days.

A few days ago I got tied up in the red tape! I am still not registered for my classes, I had to pay a million fees, I still haven't received my funding, ah it was stress...

All up until last night! I had dinner with my 3 professors, people from the program, and some other students and colleagues from the University I am studying at. It really calmed me down from the "you are not registered" panic, since the Prof said it's all cool.

Today was my first class at university. Let me tell you that I was overwhelmed. Obviously I am 4 weeks late into a deep literature course taught in German. It turns out that the course is in the discussion format where all these amazing intelligent people discuss readings that I haven't even got to yet. Those intimidating people + my lack of understanding + my German not returning as quickly as I had hoped is a bit overwhelming... BUT IT IS OKAY! My only assignments are to complete the readings, and submit a weekly summary of the discussions, since our German isn't that advanced but it promotes reading, writing, and understanding. I am very happy about it.

Tomorrow I start my UBC courses. I hope they go as well as today did (ie: become something I can maybe hopefully manage).

Wow! Look at this! Photos!

This is me at the airport!

This is on my way to London

This is just before Berlin while landing!
 Me eating. Nom nom nom.
 Toilette
 Shower
 Entrance way?
 Still the entrance to my apartment
 Look 3 fencing clubs to go to in Berlin, in my area!
 Oh, my  room/living room/window
 My fully stocked closet. Yup, I have 14 dresses, 3 pairs or pants, 2 skirts, a bunch of t-shirts too.
 Kitchen
 Yup: I spent money on food! Look how cheap stuff is. 1 Bottle of wine (which I haven't touched), a bunch of cheeses, and lunch meets, and veggies/fruit for so cheap!
 View from my roof
 Roof view 2:
 Roof view 3: Yeah, we've got a garden up there
 More views:
 Sun set during the day of the riots/demonstrations on May 1st

 Other side of building
 This is the view from the building attached to mine, looking at my building. I haven't found a way from my building to get up there.
 A beer garden below!

No comments:

Post a Comment