Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weird week

Hey! It's been a while since my last post, so here goes:

I had to do a presentation with Fiona on Thursday, so pretty much most of my week was directed towards preparing for it... I felt like the presentation didn't go very well (I was nervous, I used English, and I couldn't think very well).

Gross stuff coming up --> I also have been experiencing pain when sitting! And it turns out that my tailbone is infected. I was nervous about going to the doctor. Marta also wasn't feeling well and had gone to a doctor a few days before me, and really recommended him, so I went. He was such a nice person, and he really made me feel comfortable, even when he was sticking a needle in my tailbone! I am now on pill and cream antibiotics for the week. He said if it isn't better by Tuesday that I may need to get surgery, since the nerve endings can get all screwed up or something.  <-- end of gross stuff.



Also, even though I wasn't feeling super great I went fencing on Thursday at the PSV Fecht-club (sabre and epee) , and then Friday at a club I had never visited before: the Berliner Fecht-club! I did very badly on both days... but wow, I was really impressed with the Berliner Fecht-club (all weapons). I was physically incapable of performing their very challenging warm-up,  footwork, and arm drills. I was so sore when I left there... but it's okay! Everyone there was amazing. The girls were so beautiful (one looked like Natalie Portman after she cut her hair in "V for Vendetta"), and they all did foil so I was the only girl there doing sabre. The men were handsome, and insanely welcoming and friendly. During the class I got a personal lesson, which was awesome and really focused me on basic movements that I definitely should improve on over the summer.

Yesterday (May 25th) I went to the German History Museum, which takes you through various time periods starting with the Germanic peoples and their interactions with the Celts. It was a very large museum and after about 1.5 hours I didn't even make it through one room. After lunch with Erika I went back to the museum and walked around the whole thing. It took me about 2 hours and I didn't even really stop and read, mostly because I wanted a sense of how big it was. I will be going back there a few times before I leave Berlin.

Annnnd today (May 26th) was boring, and I was complaining, and then some people suggested I take on a photo challenge. So I have 24 hours to complete the challenge, which involves me taking a picture of the following things, using any creative means necessary:

1) a hog
2) a church steeple
3) something WWII related
4) a new trabant photo
5) hedgehog

Other than that, I pretty much just went grocery shopping, and then took a walk in the city centre. When I went to the bakery i thought I ordered 1 piece of cake, but it turns out I ordered an ENTIRE cake... which I have to eat on my own I guess. I thought I said "ein stück altedeutschespflaumküchen", but when they gave me the whole thing I was a little shocked.

I guess I'll go eat it now!

There is a festival going on this weekend, and a parade. I need to find out where/when it is :) Anyway, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment